ASSIST COUNTRIES TO INCORPORATE CLIMATE CHANGE ADAPTATION GOALS INTO NATIONAL POLICY AND SUPPORT POLICY IMPLEMENTATION
Climate Ready will support counterparts to improve climate adaptation policies and implement reforms. This work will be linked to existing initiatives and regional efforts by the Council of Regional Organizations in the Pacific (CROP) agencies.
• Assist at least 40 agencies to develop/implement adaptation policies or projects that are sensitive to the needs of vulnerable groups.
• Assist national governments to advance at least 15 adaptation policies, laws, and regulations.
• Create at least 15 peer-to-peer partnerships among Pacific island country partners.
INCREASE ACCESS TO CLIMATE FINANCE
Climate Ready will provide technical assistance and capacity building to help countries access climate change adaptation funding through national accreditation, and/or through regional or multilateral accreditation.
• Facilitate access to at least US$500 million in climate change funding.
• Assist countries to obtain national implementing entity accreditation.
• Assist with the design and/or management of 40 climate change projects in partnership with governments.
• Partner with CROP agencies to support regional accreditation and project management.
BUILD CAPACITY TO IMPLEMENT ADAPTATION PROJECTS
Climate Ready will support the public and private sector and civil society to implement climate change adaptation projects after funding is received.
• Strengthened government project management and data collection systems.
• Strengthened management systems for project implementers through certification programs.
• Partnerships developed between international and Pacific organizations for knowledge transfer.
• Online tools and e-learning platforms that